Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Camping Trip

Last weekend Eric and I went camping with some friends of our from Utah and the two dogs. We went up to Kolob Reservoir which is near Zion. The temp. was a little chilly with nights being around 30 and during the day it was around 65. The scenery was beautiful being right by the water and we had a great time, in fact we are already planning our next trip! Here are some pics (there are a lot so just bare with me)...





Here is our tent, that was big enough for the two of us and the two dogs...






The first campfire of the weekend, good thing we had two boyscouts with us!



Here is Eric so happy to be cooking Dutch Oven...it was our turn to make breakfast (biscuits & gravy!!)


I think the dogs had the most fun out of all us, but we weren't crazy enough to go in the water like they were! They did dry off pretty fast though which is good.

Good look out dogs!


We needed fire wood...good thing we weren't freezing because it was taking me a while to chop! Maybe Brianna can do it??


The men did a good job at cooking! Breakfast burritos by Skyler...yummy!!

Dutch oven cobbler from Eric!


I do miss sitting by the fire to keep warm and to roast marshmellows, hopefully we will be able to use our fireplace at home soon, but it is not the same.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Great pictures!!! I'm so jealous you guys went camping. It does look pretty cold at night! I love that you took the dogs with you...they seemed to have tons of fun with the water right there!

Michelle said...

What a fun weekend. So Joella...are you sold on camping now? Since you guys had such a great time, Eric's going to expect you to go all the time now! Lucky you:)