Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekend Hike

This past Saturday, Eric and I went up to Zion National Park and hiked through The Narrows. It was so nice up there. The temperature was only about 72 and partly cloudy, it was a nice break from the Vegas 90 degree weather. The water on the other hand was pretty cold and I couldn't really feel my legs afterwards, but you get use to it. I don't know how far we hiked but I think it took us about 2 or 3 hours round trip. We got rained on a little towards the end, so we decided to turn around and head back down. I fell twice slamming my leg into a rock each time and ended up pulling a muscle in my thigh. Of course I fell after laughing at Eric for almost falling so I guess that was karma coming back at me. Eric helped me up but not before laughing at me first; he made sure I was ok and then he couldn't stop laughing. My legs/calfs are still a little stiff, but too bad. It was a really nice day getaway and we had a lot of fun.



Here we are at the beginning before getting in the freezing cold water


Here I am standing out in the middle of the water so Eric could take a picture (I think he just wanted proof that I was actually doing this) =)


Me & Eric

This was my favorite spot, I just thought that it looked really cool

There was this mini waterfall coming down the side of the rock wall and the water coming down was even colder than the water I was standing in

There were so many of these little guys up there, and they come right up to you. This one was being fed sunflower seeds by some guy.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow...you look so official with all your gear on!! Glad you guys were able to get away for the day and have fun:)

Johnsen Family said...

Our family will be in St. George this weekend for Todd's family reunion. The narrows is one of the things on our list. I'm so excited. I've never done it before. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Diana said...

I love the great outdoors! Cool pictures!

Johnsen Family said...

Well, the narrows was awesome! We hiked about 4 and 1/2 hours roundtrip. Very beautiful. I loved the water, but I prefer cold! The squirrels there were very well fed! Would love to do it again someday and go further.