I think that I will go ahead and give you a rundown of everything that has happened since September, sparing you all the pictures to make it shorter. So let's see...there was Halloween, didn't really do anything except decorate the house to make it scary and passed out candy to the Trick or Treaters. In November we went up to Utah for one of Eric's cousins wedding. While we were there I got to see by best friend that I grew up with that I haven't seen since our wedding and that was great!!!! It's always nice to remember the "good old days" and tell stories from the past. In fact she is planning on coming down here for her birthday in May, can't wait for that! We also got to spend some time with Ryan, Brittany and the kids while we were there and that is always a good time. Then there was Thanksgiving which we spent with Eric's parents this year. It was great! Ryan, Brittany and the kids came down, I made an apple pie, we played games, ate tons of yummy food and hung out. Oh, and during the week of Thanksgiving I finally decided to join the Twilight world. I started reading the first book the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and had all four of them finished by the next Thursday!! I was completely hooked by the first chapter of "Twilight" and once I finished them all I wondered why I hadn't read them sooner. In fact I have read all four of the books twice now, and still can't get enough! Thanksgiving weekend I went and saw the movie and LOVED it!!!! And I have seen it again since then. Now I will sit and wait until the DVD comes out (I think in March) and then I will wait until November 20th, 2009 when "New Moon" comes out in theaters. YAY!! =) Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!
And then we come to Christmas...Ryan, Brittany and kids came down and we spent the time with Eric's family. We went out to dinner on Christmas Eve for our traditional Mexican food! YUMMY!!!! Then we went to Ethel M to look at the lights, they were pretty but it really was too cold to look for too long. After that we all went back to Eric's parents house to open gifts. It is so fun to watch the kids open their gifts. I think Dax was more excited about tearing off the wrapping paper most of the time, but once he figured out what was inside he started to get the hang of it. Then Eric and I went to my brothers house to open the gifts that my mom had left for us (she was out of town) and to both our surprise this is what we found in the box...A Nikon D60 digital camera! AWESOME!! Eric spent all day playing with it and ended up annoying all of us, oh well, that's Eric.
Then we ended the night by sleeping over at Michelle and Eddy's. It was too far to drive home and come back in the morning. We got to watch Dax open his presents from Santa on Christmas morning...he was so cute! And then we went to Eric's parents house for their traditional Christmas morning breakfast. This was the first year for me to join in on the breakfast and Eric's first year after getting married. It was so yummy....especially the bacon! ;) Then it was time to sit around and veg. We played games, Eddy got the new Guitar Hero World Tour for Christmas so you know we all had to play that!! It was a great Christmas and I am very thankful for each and every part of it.And now it is New Year's Eve and is now 10:36pm and soon 2008 will be behind us and I couldn't be happier for that! I am hoping that 2009 will bring good things for all of us and with that said....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!









2 comments:
oh no you've been sucked in by the vampires..hha just kidding. good to hear an update from you guys! Happy New Years!
Welcome back to blogging, we have missed you! I love your new camera and am expecting lots of wonderful pictures soon!
Post a Comment