Saturday, September 20, 2008

#1 Blog Slacker

I'm baaaack!!

So I know I have been the all time #1 blog slacker lately, so I am making up for it right now. Be prepared for a MAJOR photo over load as I catch you up on all that has been happening with us since July...




Eric and I took a short, get away from it all, one nighter, camping trip and while we were there we saw Tina the Llama

We went on a 3 night camping trip for Labor Day weekend with Michelle, Eddy, Dax, Ryan Brittany, Ashton, Annika and Chris. We went up to Utah near Panguitch and had a nice spot near the creek. Everyone took a turn at fishing and caught quite a few, but we released them all but one. Ryan kept one of his and decided to cook it. Well, he cooked it and no one including him ate it. Eric caught the snake that was under Ryan & Brittany's tent and thankfully we never saw another one. It was a good trip with everyone and I can't wait until we can all do it again!




We finally got a new bedroom set for our room!! We upgraded from a queen platform bed to a king double pillow top super comfy bed!! It is so nice and WAY more comfortable then our other bed! So now we will try to sell our old one so we can have our spare room empty again.




And here are the pictures of the remodeled quest bathroom that seem like it has taken me a year to post. But here they are and I couldn't be more happy with the way it all turned out, Sometimes I just use that bathroom to get ready in instead of ours just to enjoy it. Can't wait until we can do ours!!





And finally we come to my birthday!!!! It was on the 19th and Eric took me out for a fun-filled night. He started off by suprising me with a room at the Venetian, my favorite hotel on the strip! The room was beautiful and it had a good view! Then we went to Ceasar's Palace for dinner with friends and family at Bobby Flay's restaurant Mesa Grill. Very good food, a little different in the way the flavors are combined but VERY good!! I got a platter of all kinds of different desserts with a candle in each one. From there we went to the Palazzo (my second favorite hotel on the strip) and then back to Ceasar's and then it was off to bed. And then the day after my birthday we went to Cafe Rio for lunch, yummy! (much better than Chipotle...shhhh) Then we went to my parents house for my birthday dinner with them. Good weekend!



I had a GREAT birthday, thanks Eric!








That is pretty much everything that has happened lately, oh and we FINALLY got our replacement screens for our big screen that broke when we first moved into our house. What was it like 2 years ago I think? Well, we finally got them and Eric is putting them in as I type. That is really it for now. I have to say though that I am so excited that the weather is starting to cool down, but we have to make a couple more camping trips before it gets too cold. Who's coming? I am excited for the holidays that are rapidly approaching (can you believe that next month is Halloween?), I am excited to be able to get out all of our decorations and decorate the house. **Pause** I am going to get cheesy for a moment so prepare yourselves......Why do I like the holidays and get so excited about them when most people dread them? Well, maybe because it seems that it is the one time out of the year where the house feels warm and cozy, it always smells of cinnamon, cookies, turkey or what have you. There is just that feeling that you get when you walk in the door and the pumpkins are out, or the fall flowers are on the table, or the christmas tree is up and the lights are on the house that I just feel comforted and that my house is really a home. Its the time of year where you get together with your families and nothing else seems to matter but that your together and you get to make and eat those recipes you've had every year but for some reason they just seem to get better with time. So yes there is the hustle and caios of the shopping that will soon be starting, but that is only the half of it.



So I know most of you are probably rolling of the floor laughing or thinking that I have become the cheesiest person you might possibly know now, but I have to say that I feel a lot better now!

2 comments:

Sean and Abby said...

I love the new bedroom set...I can't wait for me and Sean to get one. Thanks for the updates slacker ;)

Diana said...

Happy Birthday Joella! What a nice husband you have and what a cool hotel room. You guys have done some amazing things to your house. It looks so nice!