Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Way Harder Than We Thought

Time for an update on the detox thing...all I have to say is that it was way harder than either of us expected. Technically today is day 4 out of 7 and we have already cheated. =( We started this on Saturday (day 1) and all you can have is juice and water. So we went shopping and bought all kinds of fruits to make our juices...





Now, don't get me wrong the juices were delicious and I absolutely love our juicer, but it is so hard to only drink liquids for 24 hours!! We were both missing our ability to chew solid foods, and the hardest part was sitting there feeling hungry and not being able to do anything about it but drink another glass of juice. So Eric decided that he was tired of fruit and he decided that he was going to make a vegetable drink. It consisted of a green pepper, 1/2 a cucumber, celery, and a green apple for sweetness, (like that was going to help it right?) Well, look at it and tell me you would drink this. He chugged it down and I did try it and it was not all that good. I think I even gagged a little, so needless to say we stuck with the fruits.

The "diet" does say that you can have broths too, so for dinner Eric decided he was going to make a vegetable broth, only we had to throw away the vegetables because all you can have is the broth. Well, maybe if he hadn't put so much pepper in it, maybe it would have been ok, but it didn't satisfy the craving either of us had




Now it is Sunday (day 2) and we can add solid fruits along with the juice and the water. Well, it was nice to be able to chew again, but do you know how hard it is to become full eating fruits? It was quite yummy though, but again it was hard to become full. So for breakfast we had a plate full of different fruits and a glass of juice. We ate this and then we went to the boat & rv show down at Cashman Field, big mistake, everywhere we walked there were people grilling and eating food. We would just turn and walk the other way, well eventually we left and then went to Eric's parents house like we usually do on Sundays and well, we ended up eating dinner there.


Now, today would technically be day 4 and we would be able to add cooked vegetables and brown rice, which we will be eating those things anyway, just not by themselves. I have to say though on the positive side of things my skin is feeling really good, it is softer and fresher looking and I think I might have even lost a couple of pounds, but it was definitely harder than we thought it would be. I think we will try it again, now that we know what we are in for, but for now we both agreed that we would still continue eating the fruits and veggies and drinking the juice, but not to that extent.. For anyone out there who would like to try it I would be more than happy to share it with you and I would definitely support you all the way.



2 comments:

. said...

Great update...that is strict!!! I am glad to hear that things worked pretty well. Isn't it amazing how much food controls our lives?

Michelle said...

No thanks...I will learn from your experience. I like my food way to much to not eat it for 7 days:)